1Formed by implosion; tending to implode.
- There are several advantages in using an implosive source for seismic imaging beneath the seafloor.
- The hydraulic press doesn't present the fire or safety hazard the implosive sleeve process does.
- We propose to continue, and hopefully complete, development of an implosive seismic source which can be used on the seafloor.
1.1 Phonetics Denoting a type of consonant produced in the glottis with an ingressive air flow.
- She is never given to hysteria, or explosive passion, as much as she is to exploring implosive energy that builds, as if by stealth, into something more meaningful and inevitable.
- Empty trances differ from mystical illumination in being implosive rather than infusive absorptions; moreover, trances are dense and dark rather than ethereal and bright.
- This translation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights into Fula includes implosive consonants.
Words that rhyme with implosivecorrosive, explosive, plosive
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of implosive in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.