The state or fact of being of great significance or value: the importance of democracy the relative importances of the external and internal causes
More example sentences
- I want to write. I want to be able to spend a day doing nothing of any real importance.
- There was no importance placed on the way you look, because that was not the way you were going to get by.
- Most buildings of importance were pulverised and much of the city is still a ruin.
full of one's own importance
- Having a very high opinion of oneself; self-important.Example sentences
- He accused local Councillors of not having a clue and being full of their own importance.
- Some were engaging, others pompous, and yet others far too full of their own importance.
- They don't need some literary twit full of his own importance to tell them ‘You're too common to describe the world for yourself; better let me do it for you.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.