- 1 [sentence adverb] Used to emphasize a significant point or matter: a nondrinking, nonsmoking, and, importantly, nonpolitical sportsmanMore example sentences
- Finally, and most importantly, we must consider the impact on the England team.
- Each has particular strengths but importantly none of them are weak in any area.
- Most importantly, he's keen to emphasise that karate is about far more than sport.
More definitions of importantlyDefinition of importantly in:
- The British & World English dictionary