noun (plural improbabilities)
- 1The quality of being improbable; unlikelihood: his belief in the improbability of war in EuropeMore example sentences
- The statements of Jerome have been questioned or disbelieved on the ground of their intrinsic improbability.
- The first component is the criterion of complexity or improbability.
- Natural selection is a mechanism for generating an exceedingly high degree of improbability.
- 1.1An improbable event: the film is full of improbabilitiesMore example sentences
- There are some minor ones, primarily in the improbabilities in certain portions of the story.
- In a season full of improbabilities, anything could happen.
- An aching back makes smiling a physical improbability.