- In the absence of: in default of agreement, the rent was to be determined by a surveyorMore example sentences
- The defendant will pay the claimant's costs of the action, including the costs of the appeal, to be agreed, in default of which the case would be submitted for detailed assessment.
- His reply, of course, is that nature has given us work to do, in default of which we are necessarily unhappy, and that work is to put into action the power of reason.
- But in default of any further explanation this would come down to saying merely that he did know them, but not by any ordinary means.
More definitions of in default ofDefinition of in default of in:
- The British & World English dictionary