- A type of internal combustion engine used chiefly in aircraft, having its cylinders arranged in a row.More example sentences
- Inline engines are where the big torque ratings come from.
- When did Volvo move from fours and sixes to 5-cylinder inline engines (Audi's old trademark)?
- In the front, the P2's octagonal frame rails had to be extended to accommodate the Duratec 30 V6 engine, since Volvo uses thinner transverse-mounted inline engines.
More definitions of in-line engineDefinition of in-line engine in:
- The British & World English dictionary