(Of training) intended for those actively engaged in the profession or activity concerned: in-service training of library staff
More example sentences
- Shipanga said the successful bidders will be given in-service training.
- Final year students are currently involved in 5 months of in-service training, he said.
- But, he said, initial teacher training and in-service training should include advice and help on limiting voice strain problems.
1In or available for use.
- It is not uncommon to have guns produced for America's previous wars in service today.
- But it should be remembered that for the first two and a half years of the war they were far in advance of anything in service in any other nation.
- The LCH class now has the distinction of being in commission longer than any other ship still in service.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.