- Uncertain; at a critical stage: his survival hung in the balance for daysMore example sentences
- There is nothing in the article about that and again it is a legitimate criticism also to be put in the balance.
- He warned that the future of the unit now hung in the balance unless it got the go-ahead from the department.
- The warm weather of the last week has given way to colder conditions in the last two days putting the weekend prospects in the balance.
More definitions of in the balanceDefinition of in the balance in:
- The British & World English dictionary