Definition of inappropriate in English:
Not suitable or proper in the circumstances: there are penalties for inappropriate behavior it would be inappropriate for me to comment
More example sentences
- Moreover, the ubiquity of email can lead to its use in inappropriate circumstances.
- For some reason running through a shop seems to be inappropriate behaviour.
- There are many sorts of inappropriate behaviour from which our children need protection.
- Example sentences
- Our objections have been based upon the inappropriateness of the design, scale, materials and siting of their ill conceived new building, so close to a conservation area.
- The Baroness (as she was known after her marriage to a shifty nobleman) and her friends worshipped novelty, inappropriateness, audacity, not piously but with ferocious abandon.
- Similarly, although it would not be a crime, for example, to smoke pot on the steps of Parliament or in a playground, police could increase the fine depending on the perceived inappropriateness of the act.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.