- Music used in a film or play as a background to create or enhance a particular atmosphere.More example sentences
- During that time he wrote nine opéras comiques and incidental music to Racine's tragedy Athalie.
- People remembered title music, but incidental music that was used four, five times a year?
- Like many soundtracks, this one melds incidental music (music that occurs in the background while something is happening), pop songs, and dialogue from the film to give us a good picture of what the movie is like.
More definitions of incidental musicDefinition of incidental music in:
- The British & World English dictionary