Definition of incognito in English:
(Of a person) having one’s true identity concealed: [as adjective]: in order to observe you have to be incognito [as adverb]: he is now operating incognito
More example sentences
- The road to perversion is cast with such anonymous faces, individuals incognito.
- With distinction and excellence writ large over their existence, even when they are forced to live incognito lives, their brilliance soon gives them away and the rest of the less endowed people are soon after their blood.
- With the president said to spend no more than one or two nights in the same place, to travel incognito and even to employ mustachioed, cigar-chomping lookalikes, this could prove easier said than done.
noun (plural incognitos)Back to top
An assumed or false identity.
- William thinks it's farcical and plays it up but amongst friends incognitos are simply unfunny bores.
- Leach is a minor character and the fact that Larsen effortlessly penetrated his incognito has no central plot significance.
- The incognito of lower class employment is an effective cloak for any dagger one might wish to hide.