- (Especially of a building material or component) consisting or made of material that does not burn if exposed to fire.More example sentences
- Undeterred, he took out a patent in 1797 for incombustible material: floorboards constructed from long, thick strips of fired clay.
- Following a big fire, there are always discussions about potential techno fixes, like more supertanker planes, better foams and incombustible construction.
- More example sentences
- Incombustibility of the board using styrofoam waste as binder was improved by increasing the density and the resin content of board.
- A study was conducted to investigate the incombustibility of interior wallcovering materials including wall paper, wall cloth, melamine wafer, and decorative veneer, of buildings in China.
late 15th century: from medieval Latin incombustibilis, from in- 'not' + combustibilis (see combustible).