Definition of incorporate in English:
Pronunciation: /inˈkôrpəˌrāt /[with object]
1Take in or contain (something) as part of a whole; include: he has incorporated in his proposals a large number of measures territories that had been incorporated into the Japanese Empire
More example sentences
- It was incorporated into the factory's main wastewater treatment scheme.
- When completed, the balls are incorporated into other objects before they are sold, including trophies and lamp stands.
- Nine previously unreported markers were incorporated into the integrated map.
1.1Combine (ingredients) into one substance: add the cheeses and butter and process briefly to incorporate them
2Constitute (a company, city, or other organization) as a legal corporation.
- The defendant corporation was incorporated under, and subsists under, the laws of Ontario and has its head office in the City of Toronto.
- Typically, the corporate veil is pierced when the company is incorporated for an illegal, fraudulent or improper purpose.
- But, if the company is incorporated abroad, English liquidators' ability to get in and realise the company's foreign assets will be very limited.
Pronunciation: /inˈkôrp(ə)rət /archaic Back to top
- Example sentences
- The point of distinction here is a deeper incorporation of the connections inherent in the web of life.
- Our trade agreements are good for incorporations but they're not very good for working people around the world.
- The Government has now changed its policy towards the small company by implying that incorporations have taken place merely to avoid tax.
- Example sentences
- The names and addresses of its incorporators.
- Most recently she was one of eight incorporators who developed the Nursing Career Center of CT, Inc. which began service in January 2001.
- The eight incorporators of the Nursing Career Center of Connecticut are pleased to announce that the Center was recently incorporated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan