1The crime of intentionally showing one’s sexual organs in public.
- There was a 23.1 per cent rise in other sexual crimes, including indecent exposure and more minor sexual assaults.
- But he had originally been arrested for such crimes as drunkenness, indecent exposure, and carting nightsoil.
- Offences under the Obscene Publications Acts 1959 and 1964, or offences such as indecent exposure or brothel-keeping may be regarded as causing harm in this sense apart from offending against morality.
1.1The act of outraging public decency by being naked in a public place.
- Today, Oosterman and three supporters, two males and a female, stood outside the courthouse naked and bearing a banner that read: ‘Stop indecent exposure to vehicle emissions’.
- Yet Genesis does not condemn Noah for his drunkenness and indecent exposure: it is Ham, the son who draws attention to his father's nakedness instead of respectfully covering it as Japheth and Shem do, who gets the blame.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: in·de·cent ex·po·sure
Definition of indecent exposure in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.