Definition of indecent exposure in English:
1The crime of intentionally showing one’s sexual organs in public.
- There was a 23.1 per cent rise in other sexual crimes, including indecent exposure and more minor sexual assaults.
- But he had originally been arrested for such crimes as drunkenness, indecent exposure, and carting nightsoil.
- Offences under the Obscene Publications Acts 1959 and 1964, or offences such as indecent exposure or brothel-keeping may be regarded as causing harm in this sense apart from offending against morality.
1.1The act of outraging public decency by being naked in a public place.
- Today, Oosterman and three supporters, two males and a female, stood outside the courthouse naked and bearing a banner that read: ‘Stop indecent exposure to vehicle emissions’.
- Yet Genesis does not condemn Noah for his drunkenness and indecent exposure: it is Ham, the son who draws attention to his father's nakedness instead of respectfully covering it as Japheth and Shem do, who gets the blame.
Definition of indecent exposure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan