Definition of Indian rhinoceros in English:
A large one-horned rhinoceros with prominent skin folds and a prehensile upper lip, found in northeastern India and Nepal.
- Rhinoceros unicornis, family Rhinocerotidae
- The biblical unicorn may have been a wild ox, but the great Indian rhinoceros is similar to a unicorn: it has a single horn, usually about 53 cm long, and is among the rarest mammals in the world today.
- Written by a lady who has lived in South East Asia for 30 years, this is a true story about an orphaned elephant ‘adopted’ by an Indian rhinoceros.
- Somewhat later, Marco Polo gave a description of an animal that can be identified as the Indian rhinoceros.
Definition of Indian rhinoceros in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.