- An indigo-blue gem variety of lithium-bearing tourmaline.More example sentences
- When a member of our tour noticed that some of the sheets contained sprays of indicolite tourmaline, we all descended upon the mica heap like a swarm of locusts.
- Instead, a blue-green to blue tourmaline, some of which is considered to be indicolite, is now being mined in a different locality.
- Rubellite is the term used for red or pink tourmaline, and indicolite is the term used for blue tourmaline.
early 19th century: from Latin indicum 'indigo' + -lite.
More definitions of indicoliteDefinition of indicolite in:
- The British & World English dictionary