Definition of indigo snake in English:
A large, harmless American snake that typically has bluish-black skin that may be patterned. Also called cribo, blue gopher snake (see gopher snake).
- Drymarchon corais, family Colubridae
- The eastern indigo snake, which is on the federal list of threatened species, and the gopher tortoise also live here.
- And they could be competing with the eastern indigo snake for both prey and space.
- I've radio-tracked sandhill and whooping cranes, black bears, Florida panthers, alligators, gopher tortoises, fox squirrels and even an indigo snake.
Definition of indigo snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.