1Relating to both India and Malaya, in particular.
- A group of Malaysian Indian professionals has set up the Indo-Malaysian Chamber of Commerce, which will be headquartered in Chennai.
- India is pushing for insertion of this clause in the Indo-Malaysian tax treaty.
1.1Denoting an ethnological region comprising Sri Lanka, the Malay peninsula, and the Malaysian islands.
- But the borders between them are vague: India is sometimes seen as part of an Indo-African subkingdom, but others discern an Indo-Malayan (or Indo-Malesian) subkingdom.
- The book covers the culture history and archaeology of the Indo-Malaysian portion of Asian culture.
1.2 (also Indo-Malesian) Biology Denoting a major biogeographical region comprising Malesia and East, South, and Southeast Asia.
- The worsening of the climate led to a retreat of the Indo-Malesian flora, while the Arcto-Tertiary flora advanced.
- The natural distribution of M. indica is in the Indo-Malesian region.
- Yuhinas occur exclusively in the Indo-Malayan region, with a large diversification in the Philippine archipelagos.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Indo-Malaysian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.