Definition of indomethacin in English:
A compound with anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, and analgesic properties, used chiefly to treat rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
- Chemical formula: C19H16NO4Cl
- However, do not mix the liquid form of ibuprofen, indomethacin, or naproxen together with an antacid, or any other liquid, before taking it.
- The main reason for including indomethacin in the analgesic plan was to treat the profound peripheral inflammatory response that results from surgical trauma.
- Although similar to cluster headache, paroxysmal hemicrania headaches are briefer and are treated effectively with indomethacin.
1960s: from indo(le) + meth(yl) + ac(etic) + -in1.
Definition of indomethacin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.