noun (plural indumenta /-tə/)Botany & Zoology
- A covering of hairs (or feathers) on an animal or plant.More example sentences
- Morphological characters including the glandular indumentum and cream flower colour suggest that A. ambiguum is close to A. graniticum.
- An indumentum was noted in the inflorescence region or in the upper part of the stem.
- Capitulum bracts are spiny and coated with a dense white arachnoidal indumentum.
mid 19th century: from Latin, literally 'garment', from induere 'put on, don'.
More definitions of indumentumDefinition of indumentum in:
- The British & World English dictionary