Unfair; unjust: the present taxes are inequitable
More example sentences
- It may well be that the working class first or most severely appreciates the inequitable nature of the world, but disregard for the law can become widespread.
- When there is inequitable treatment, you get riots.
- In these days of globalisation, the global picture of women is most ignoble and inequitable.
- Example sentences
- Because of the shambles of the funding of local authorities and the fact that it is based on property, rather than ability to pay, the hotel sector is treated inequitably.
- He opposed the death penalty because it is inequitably applied to minorities and the poor.
- In both cases, the economy flourished but benefits were distributed very inequitably.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.