Definition of infantilize in English:
Treat (someone) as a child or in a way that denies their maturity in age or experience: seeing yourself as a victim infantilizes you
More example sentences
- Given this, it infantilizes him to ask us to root for him, as if he were a heart-touching runt.
- Does the birth of your children infantilize you?
- I'd just lost my mind and I was infantilised and it was very depressing.
- Example sentences
- A life devoted to instant gratification produces permanent infantilization: ‘at sixty-four… tastes are what they were at seventeen.’
- Or maybe it's really just the infantilization of men.
- I've talked before about the infantilization of the youth here.
Pronunciation: /ˌinfəntl-iˈzāSHən, inˌfan-/noun
Definition of infantilize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan