- The obstruction of the blood supply to an organ or region of tissue, typically by a thrombus or embolus, causing local death of the tissue.More example sentences
- Secondly, exertional angina can progress to unstable angina, acute myocardial infarction, or death.
- What about intentionally giving thrombolytic drugs after myocardial infarction?
- The efficacy of thrombolysis after acute myocardial infarction differs by age.
More definitions of infarctionDefinition of infarction in:
- The British & World English dictionary