- An infectious viral disease characterized by swelling of the lymph glands and prolonged lassitude. Also called glandular fever.More example sentences
- Persons with infectious mononucleosis may be able to spread the infection to others for a period of weeks.
- Infectious mononucleosis (mono), or glandular fever, is often called the kissing disease. The label is only partly true. The virus that causes this disease is transmitted through saliva, so kissing can spread the virus, but so can coughing, sneezing, or sharing a glass or food utensil.
- Infectious mononucleosis is an acute viral infection that can cause high fever, sore throat, and swollen lymph glands, especially in the neck.
More definitions of infectious mononucleosisDefinition of infectious mononucleosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary