Definition of infeed in English:
1The action or process of supplying material to a machine.
- The machine is suited for high precision, infeed and single-revolution, thread rolling, worm rolling and roll sizing.
- Several degrees of automation are available, ranging from semiautomatic hand feeding of product to a fully automated system of product infeed, leaflet insertion, and discharge handling of the completed carton.
- If the Eskom infeed to Komga has faulted, Mr Van Zyl can contact the Eskom Contact Centre for feedback.
1.1A mechanism that does this.
- The screw diameter gradually increases from the machine's infeed to the die - either over the entire screw length (as in a universal screw), or over a screw section.
- Both grinders feature remote-controlled operation, with a 56-in.-high x 48-in.-wide infeed opening and a 40-in.-wide conveyor for stacking material to a height of 18 ft.
- The Morgan typically shuttles this material some 75 to 100 metres to the chipper, swinging the drags so the logs are aligned straight into the chipper infeed.
Definition of infeed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan