Definition of infighting in English:
1Hidden conflict or competitiveness within an organization.
- This back-stabbing confirms and supports Naki's assertion that there are divisions and infighting within the organisation.
- All this infighting within the political parties is giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
- The problem has been exacerbated by what many believe is a combination of factional infighting within the Church and a declining number of priests from which to chose.
1.1Boxing closer to an opponent than at arm’s length.
- It applies very well for infighting and being able to take an opponent down while controlling him.
- Infighting is an important part of any serious bout and to be a competent boxer you must master it.
- Is there an advantage to practicing close, infighting boxing for fights like this?
- Example sentences
- ‘A year ago, yes, there really was a shortage of money and people,’ she said, with the innate caution of a bureaucratic infighter.
- He may have been extraordinarily passive on economic and social matters, but he was a superb bureaucratic infighter - bold, decisive and ruthless.
- Second, he wasn't merely a fighter; he was an infighter.
Words that rhyme with infightingprizefighting
Definition of infighting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.