- 1Having a relaxed, friendly, or unofficial style, manner, or nature: an informal atmosphere an informal agreement between the two companiesMore example sentences
- It is an army establishment and although run on military lines the atmosphere is easy, informal and friendly.
- The atmosphere is relaxed, informal and friendly.
- The service throughout was extremely friendly and the informal atmosphere was enhanced by the fact that we felt we could have sat there all afternoon if we had wanted to.
- 1.1Of or denoting a style of writing or conversational speech characterized by simple grammatical structures, familiar vocabulary, and use of idioms, e.g., tu in French.More example sentences
- The content of websites can be written in formal as well as informal language.
- The blend of formal and informal language suits the school's mission and vision perfectly.
- And what about informal and formal names for living things?
- 1.2(Of dress) casual; suitable for everyday wear.More example sentences
- Cate nodded and slipped out of her informal dress that she had worn all day.
- He liked jazz, preferred informal dress, didn't much care for hunting and shooting, and was openly contemptuous of red carpets.
- Dress is informal and music will be provided by the Brose Walsh Band.
- More example sentences
- The works are simply framed and labels with the title and price are informally stuck on the wall with sticky tape.
- Yet most donors tie the bulk of their aid, formally and informally.
- For companies and executives, blogs provide a way to talk informally to customers, vendors and employees.