- The tracing and recovery of specific information from stored data.More example sentences
- The Centre long ago realized the importance of information retrieval systems on the Internet, including the distribution of in-house preprints, yearly activities and public access catalogs.
- This process is sometimes known as machine understanding, a multidisciplinary endeavor involving information retrieval, linguistics and artificial intelligence.
- These organizations had learned the hard way about information systems and information retrieval.
More definitions of information retrievalDefinition of information retrieval in:
- The British & World English dictionary