Entry from British & World English dictionary
- Many motorists do not know the differences between mandatory, cautionary and informatory traffic signs.
- All the three types of road and traffic signs are included under three heads such as mandatory, warning and informatory towards the end.
- Our institution produces informatory notes on engineering related subjects as the need arises.
- There are many informatory doubles that anticipate a bid from partner.
- If there is no intervening bid, you must bid your longest unbid suit unless you can convert the informatory double to a penalty double.
Late Middle English (but rare before the late 19th century): from Latin informat- 'shaped, described' (from the verb informare) + -ory2.
Words that rhyme with informatoryreformatory
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.