1Hostile actions against an enemy’s information infrastructure.
- Did U.S. infowar commandos smuggle a deadly computer virus into Iraq inside a printer?
- The hacker known as ‘The Analyzer’ was sentenced Thursday in Israel to six months of community service for a series of intrusions into US Defense Department computers that triggered America's first full-blown infowar false alarm.
- It might be that Mr. Schily does not know anything about infowar, but I know a lot of countries see attacks coming at their computers from other countries.
2A propaganda war waged via electronic media.
- He seems a whole lot saner then he sounds on-air and on infowars.
- Especially in light of the Defense Secretary's blueprints for an escalated infowar of propoganda-making, media-hijack and story planting, etcetera, I think you are right.
- My guess is that early on in this war, the Department of Defense was instructed to leave Infowar operations to the State Department and the CIA.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of infowar in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.