Definition of infraction in English:
A violation or infringement of a law, agreement, or set of rules.
- Punishment is meted out to the offender because this is what he deserves in response to his infraction of the criminal law.
- The House bill would make it a federal misdemeanor crime, rather than merely a civil infraction, to violate immigration laws.
- I am of the view that there was no reasonable basis for detention of Mr. Stephen on an alleged infraction of the seatbelt legislation.
- Example sentences
- Other than confiscating gear and catch there is little a group can do to punish infractors.
- Sanctioners are chosen because they are structurally close to the infractors, but often also because they are relatively more powerful.
- The type of infraction was used to classify drivers as infractors or non-infractors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan