- Relating to or denoting sound waves with a frequency below the lower limit of human audibility.More example sentences
- Using calls that have infrasonic fundamental frequencies, female elephants are able to communicate with large numbers of specific individuals over long distances.
- Preliminary findings with electrostatic fields, ionizing radiation, infrasonic waves, and meteorological factors are also examined to consider their effects on the brain in relation to apparitional experiences.
- When the rate of vibration is below the range of human hearing, the sound is termed infrasonic; when it is above that range, it is called ultrasonic.
More definitions of infrasonicDefinition of infrasonic in:
- The British & World English dictionary