nounMedicine & Zoology
- Substances taken into the body as nourishment; food and drink.More example sentences
- Rapid rate of ingesta passage is well documented.
- Unstretched components were measured before removal of ingesta to reduce variation in measurements associated with elasticity of those organs.
- In this case there was no ingesta found, therefore no further tests could be carried out for toxicology.
early 18th century: from Latin, 'things brought in'.
More definitions of ingestaDefinition of ingesta in:
- The British & World English dictionary