Definition of ingravescent in English:
adjectiveMedicine , rare
(Of a condition or symptom) gradually increasing in severity.
- Radiation-induced arteriopathy is an ingravescent chronic lesion involving a myointimal hyperplasia and a remarkable fibrosis of the arterial outer layers.
- The diagnosis of Crohn's disease makes surgery mandatory in any form of the disease, because it is ingravescent.
- Example sentences
- It is known that thus produced PGD2 causes bronchoconstriction and vasodilation and involves in ingravescence of allergies.
- We formed a medical examination squad to achieve the early detection and prevention of the ingravescence of chronic disease.
Early 19th century: from Latin ingravescent- 'growing heavy or worse', from the verb ingravescere (based on gravis 'heavy').
Definition of ingravescent in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.