Definition of inhalation in English:
1The action of inhaling or breathing in: the inhalation of airborne particles with every inhalation air passes over the vocal cords
More example sentences
- Surrender to your next inhalation, let the breath breathe you, and simultaneously relax the body as much as possible.
- Amanda took a sharp inhalation of breath before burying her face in Greg's chest, trying to hide from it, but she had seen it anyway.
- A sharp inhalation of breath proved to Bryan that he was in fact getting somewhere with her, at which he had to suppress a smirk.
1.1 Medicine The inhaling of medicines or anesthetics in the form of a gas or vapor.
- Medicines were given orally, by inhalation or by enema.
- The medication is administered via inhalation using a plastic device included in the package with the medication.
- Thus, in 1914, anticholinergics by injection or inhalation were considered as first-line asthma therapies.
1.2 Medicine A preparation to be inhaled in the form of a vapor or spray.
- They can come in a wide range of formulations - including syrups, tinctures, lotions, inhalations, gargles and washes.
- She has a history of asthma attacks that are normally easily controlled with salbutamol inhalations.
Definition of inhalation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan