Definition of inharmonic in English:
- We set the relative frequency of the six oscillators to values which result in inharmonic frequencies.
- Output 46 provides a signal with an adjusted resonant frequency, minus the inharmonic tones.
- Why base a music on the harmonic series and employ inharmonic instruments to realise it?
- Example sentences
- String tension has increased to the extent that strings are almost as rigid as metal bars, and sharing some of the same inharmonicity of overtones.
- The difference is just enough that a tuning will not sound right unless inharmonicity is dealt with.
- A large grand piano has less inharmonicity because the strings are longer relative to diameter.
Definition of inharmonic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan