Definition of inharmonious in English:
Not forming or contributing to a pleasing whole; discordant: an inharmonious, negative state of mind
More example sentences
- One of the major factors is the issue of inharmonious industrial relations at work places which quite often has led to work stoppages.
- Having removed every inconsistency from the sacred constitutions, hitherto inharmonious and confused, we extended our care to the immense volumes of the older jurisprudence…
- Next comes Mars, designated to Aries and Scorpio because, according to Ptolemy, they are agreeable to its destructive and inharmonious nature, and form a hostile square aspect to the ‘houses’ of the luminaries.
- Example sentences
- To dance to imaginary rain gods or to chant and pray for a child dying of bacterial infection is not to live harmoniously with nature; it is to live most inharmoniously.
- His personal insecurities inharmoniously co-exist with a driving purpose.
- And each lurched inward, inharmoniously with its neighbors, in the grip of the overall magnetic field.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.