- A tax imposed on someone who inherits property or money. Also called death tax.More example sentences
- Some jurisdictions do not have an actual estate or inheritance tax but still levy tax when a death occurs.
- If inheritance tax is to be levied at all, very generous financial thresholds must be put in place.
- More of them than ever before have been swept into higher tax rates, inheritance tax and stamp duty.
More definitions of inheritance taxDefinition of inheritance tax in:
- The British & World English dictionary