Definition of inhomogeneous in English:
1Not uniform in character or content; diverse.
- The main problems to overcome by current diagnostic tools are very low signals, due to small protein contents and/or optically inhomogeneous media.
- Here, we discuss the new methods as well as additional analysis tools we developed to analyze the inhomogeneous and topological properties of large DNA systems bound to proteins.
- The applicability of the theory can be improved by considering inhomogeneous densities in all three dimensions.
1.1 Mathematics Consisting of terms that are not all of the same degree or dimensions.
- Example sentences
- In addition, the map of the heterogeneity parameter h shows a local inhomogeneity in the collagen where h has a very low value, corresponding to a narrower lifetime distribution than the surrounding area.
- Fluorescence-quenching studies have indicated that on a distance scale approaching nearest-neighbor separations, inhomogeneity in lipid distributions can still be detected in such systems at physiological temperatures.
- This uncertainty can be attributed to the inherent inhomogeneity of multilamellar liposomal suspensions that have been frequently used as model systems.
Pronunciation: /-ˌhōməjəˈnē-itē, -ˈnā-itē, -ˌhämə-/noun
Definition of inhomogeneous in:
- British & World English dictionary