The shaping of rubber or plastic articles by injecting heated material into a mold.
- Police visited the factory, which carries out plastic injection moulding and have ruled out any suspicious circumstances.
- There, he produced flame resistant materials based on acetyl cellulose and also pioneered the process of injection moulding of plastics.
- For example, plants specializing in plastic injection molding, used to make outer shells and knobs for electronics equipment, have seen explosive growth in El Paso, according to Hanson.
- Example sentences
- Within a short time, however, they succeeded in garnering support from the Irish Trade Board in the form of a high-percentage grant towards the development of an injection-moulded tool to manufacture their first product.
- The injection-molded polyethylene Frisbee is developed.
- The feet themselves are made from injection-moulded plastic with a small cup section that sticks up into the case.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: in·jec·tion mold·ing
Definition of injection molding in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.