noun (plural inocula /-lə/)Medicine
- A substance used for inoculation.More example sentences
- The inoculum used for medical device applications is typically Bacillus spores.
- The inoculum was injected slowly into the bladder to avoid leakage and the catheter was withdrawn carefully.
- About 20 percent of cases of this disorder occur in otherwise healthy persons who have received a heavy inoculum.
early 20th century: modern Latin, from Latin inoculare (see inoculate), on the pattern of the pair coagulate, coagulum.
More definitions of inoculumDefinition of inoculum in:
- The British & World English dictionary