- 1Not consisting of or deriving from living matter.More example sentences
- They probably developed both as ecological disaster forms and as a consequence of unusual marine chemistry that promoted inorganic and microbial calcification.
- This neighbor is unable to understand that inorganic divisions amongst this human race, such as alliances, nations, ethnicities, will never stay static.
- 2 Chemistry Of, relating to, or denoting compounds that are not organic (broadly, compounds not containing carbon).More example sentences
- Similarly, if the compound is inorganic, an organic solvent, such as water, is needed.
- Under sulphur-deficient conditions, reduced protein synthesis is accompanied by the accumulation of organic and inorganic nitrogenous compounds.
- Both organic and inorganic compounds experience elimination reactions.
- More example sentences
- Magnetite is produced inorganically on Earth, but the magnetite crystals produced by magnetotactic bacteria are very different - they are chemically pure and defect-free, with distinct sizes and shapes.
- The variable thickness of the apparent microgranular layer leads us to suspect that it is in fact an irregular rind of inorganically precipitated, cavity-lining, calcite cement.
- The hinge is particularly useful in containers that require bending of various container parts, such as in food containers and boxes made from inorganically filled materials.