(also chiefly British enquiry)
noun (plural inquiries)
- 1An act of asking for information: the deluge of phone inquiries after a crash they were following a definite line of inquiryMore example sentences
- The information center expects most inquiries to come in by phone or email.
- We have an open door policy and would invite people to drop in at any time for information or inquiries as to the support or services we have to offer.
- As with all forms of information or methods of inquiry, both good and bad examples exist.
- 1.1An official investigation.More example sentences
- There was an official inquiry into the killing, but it has not resulted in any prosecutions.
- After all the inquiries and investigations and demonstrations, he's still there.
- There is wild talk of inquiries and commissions of investigations in the air.
See inquire (usage).