(also chiefly British enquiry)
Definition of inquiry in English:
noun (plural inquiries)
1An act of asking for information: the deluge of phone inquiries after a crash they were following a definite line of inquiry
More example sentences
- The information center expects most inquiries to come in by phone or email.
- We have an open door policy and would invite people to drop in at any time for information or inquiries as to the support or services we have to offer.
- As with all forms of information or methods of inquiry, both good and bad examples exist.
1.1An official investigation.
- There was an official inquiry into the killing, but it has not resulted in any prosecutions.
- After all the inquiries and investigations and demonstrations, he's still there.
- There is wild talk of inquiries and commissions of investigations in the air.
Words that rhyme with inquirydiary, enquiry, expiry, fiery, friary, miry, priory, spiry, wiry
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.