(also insectary /ˈinsekˌterē, inˈsektə-/)
noun (plural insectariums also insectaries /ˈinsekˌterēz/)
- A place where insects are kept, exhibited, and studied.More example sentences
- Although in recent years the tradition of giving children rhinoceros beeries and stag beeries as gifts has lost ground to purchasing tiny electronic creature toys, children still flock to Japan's insectariums, or arthropod zoos.
- And when native wasps were fed honey for 2 to 3 days, they became more aggressive and long-lived than those given only pupae in insectaries.
- Control of such sites is limited to biocontrol agents and would benefit from the establishment of local insectariums for rearing and releasing biocontrol insects.
More definitions of insectariumDefinition of insectarium in:
- The British & World English dictionary