- Nuclear disc lesions are of gradual or insidious onset, the history may be on and off back pain for weeks and back pain getting worse.
- The obstruction and harassment is subtle but insidious and seriously affects the ability of the aid agencies to do their job.
- It need by no means be obvious: it can be insidious and subtle.
- What they do is insidious, evil, and downright mean to their addict-victims like my wife.
- They are, in my view, the most insidious of traitors.
- Personally, we can't stand this insidious practise of sneaking adverts into non-commercial formats.
- Example sentences
- But for five Irish teenagers, the magnifying glass doesn't reveal the insidiousness of California - it only inflates its lure and significance.
- Slowly, with an insidiousness no one recognized, those businesses began to disappear until now many of the buildings sit empty and abandoned.
- Asthma has become a common ailment in modern society, as the deteriorating environment and stress work their insidiousness against the human body.
Mid 16th century: from Latin insidiosus 'cunning', from insidiae 'an ambush or trick', from insidere 'lie in wait for', from in- 'on' + sedere 'sit'.
Words that rhyme with insidiousfastidious, hideous, invidious, perfidious
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.