Definition of instructive in English:
Useful and informative: it is instructive to compare the two projects
More example sentences
- This book is deeply interesting to read while still being informative and instructive.
- That would give other failed institutions an encouraging and instructive example.
- It is instructive, for example, to visit a Vietnamese city, and experience how agreeable it is.
- Example sentences
- Considering his instructively bizarre, virtually anonymous career, no one would have expected Micheaux to achieve this celebrity in cement.
- One could instructively contrast this plan with the traditional blitzkrieg tactic used up to this point.
- It becomes instructively frustrating to discover how many terms we take for granted in discussing ways of knowing, for which we have only visually oriented vocabulary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.