Definition of instructor in English:
1A person who teaches something: a driving instructor
More example sentences
- In their eyes, only the handful of instructors who teach at a distance need worry about it.
- All students are taught by instructors of the Shadow Flight Centre.
- A karate instructor who teaches his students how to stand up to bullies will star on television chat show Trisha.
1.1North American A college teacher ranking below assistant professor.
- Medical doctors, a retired principal and university instructors make up the rest of the commission.
- Then he was appointed as an instructor at the University of Minnesota in 1900.
- On returning to the USA he became an instructor at the University of California in Berkeley.
- Example sentences
- I've started doing an instructorship so I can teach paddling and we've been in touch with the Sligo Council Sports and Recreation office.
- A perverse ‘balance’ can be found at the lower ranks of the professoriate, where women hold a solid majority of the positions (58 percent of instructorships, 54 percent of lectureships, and 51 percent of unranked positions).
- This makes instructorships very expensive, and since the club pays for our instructorships this makes us have to charge higher fees.
Words that rhyme with instructorabductor, conductor, destructor, obstructor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.