Definition of insufficient in English:
Not enough; inadequate: there was insufficient evidence to convict him
More example sentences
- These causes might be anything from insufficient training to inadequate technology.
- So far there has been insufficient evidence to link financially any of the visits to a particular member.
- He was charged with murder in 1997 but the case was dropped due to insufficient evidence.
- Example sentences
- In a considerable proportion it was insufficiently described and sometimes inadequately applied.
- He said the order book had been insufficiently strong.
- He is upset because magistrates deemed a bouncer that he hired was insufficiently trained, despite being licensed by the authority.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia