- An acute physiological condition resulting from excess insulin in the blood, involving low blood sugar, weakness, convulsions, and potentially coma.More example sentences
- The treatments comprised straightjackets, seclusion, insulin shock and electric shock treatment.
- There's a physiology to this, likely related to the heavy release of adrenaline when blood sugar levels drop too low as a result of insulin shock.
- According to Bell, diabetes in the workplace can also be costly because, when a diabetic succumbs to insulin shock or complications, he or she often has to be stabilised in an intensive care unit.
More definitions of insulin shockDefinition of insulin shock in:
- The British & World English dictionary