Definition of insured in English:
Covered by insurance: the insured car a privately insured patient an insured risk
More example sentences
- The additional attraction with all-risks cover is that this insurance covers your insured articles on a 24-hour basis in all locations worldwide.
- Often it's cheaper to replace insured goods yourself rather than risk increased premiums.
- The bill for an insured patient depends on the contract between the carrier and the hospital.
noun(the insured) (plural same) Back to top
A person or organization covered by insurance.
- This type of insurance is also known as critical illness cover and pays out a lump sum when the insured is diagnosed with a serious illness covered under the policy.
- Essentially, it is an investment, similar to purchasing bonds that mature upon the insured's death.
- The first question is whether the broker acts as agent of the insured, of the insurer, or of both.
Definition of insured in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan